L’OREAL INFALLIBLE PRO MATTE FOUNDATION

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I haven't been on a trip for makeup products in a while so when I asked a fellow makeup lover what's in right now she told me about the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation and how much she loves it. This foundation comes in 12 shades and claims to be lightweight and gives a demi matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours.

Shade & Price: Like most drugstore foundations it's hard to choose the correct shade because there are no testers available. I picked up two out of their three darkest shades Crème Cafè and Soft Sable and both of the shades seemed to have some yellow undertones. I purchased this foundation at my local Ulta for $12.99 each so about $27 and some change  for both shades. If you find yourself in between any of the colors and have to mix to achieve the right shade, the price might throw you off from purchasing especially if you're on a budget. The foundation comes in a plastic squeeze bottle. I liked the idea for this because you can control the product. 

Application: I went with shade Crème Cafè to test. Although the bottle says to use your fingers, I used my trusty F80 brush by Sigma instead. I got medium coverage from this foundation but it is definitely buildable to to get full coverage. I just went in with a tiny bit more of the foundation to cover any spots peeking through. The texture felt really nice and looked more like skin and not cakey after it set for a few minutes.

Longevity: The product claims to last for 24hours but I dont know who would wear makeup for that long. I didn't use any primer nor did I set it with powder after I applied it because I wanted to see how it did on its own and on Combo/oily skin. I applied this foundation at 4:19pm and took it off almost 2am. I wore it a total of 7-10 hours. About 2-4 hours the foundation was holding very well. I did notice a slight sheen around my cheek area but it looked nice and natural. As I ended the night I checked up on my face about two more times before I removed it and noticed I did get a little more shiny just around my nose, cheek and chin areas. It was more of a healthy glow look that I honestly think that was achieved by the mac fix+ I sprayed my brush with but my face wasn't oily looking and that was good.

Before & After: Bare face (left). Shade #110 Crème Cafè applied. No correction, primer or setting powder added.

Verdict: I really enjoy this foundation. It's good at keeping the heavy oil production that I usually get under control. I'm also quite impressed with how well it covered and I got medium coverage but achieved full by adding in a little more product. It also didn't feel like I had heavy product on, but just more of a lightweight feel and my face had a smooth texture to it. I really dont have any complaints about this foundation except for maybe the price of the product. $12.99 was pretty high for a drugstore foundation but I would buy again. 

Let me know in the comments if you've tried out this foundation.
Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

MsPreshxo 2020